Aloha! From the staff of Tohoku Travel Service Inc. and Yokohama Travel Inc. we are excited that Japan had ease their border restrictions starting on 10 June 2022 and will only allow only fully guided international leisure travelers arranged through a Travel Agencies into Japan. The Japanese Government in-placed strict guidelines that need to be adhered to as this will help reduce the spread of Corona virus infections and allowing for safe travels throughout Japan for everyone. The Japanese Government also have certain requirements for the staff of travel agencies, hotel accommodations employees, employees of eateries and all other tourism related activities. Everyone must follow these guidelines from start to finish on all tours. Tour groups will be escorted by a member of Tohoku Travel Service Inc. throughout the entirety of the tour. Yokohama Travel Inc. will provide a guide/escort throughout Japan. The following is a brief outline of the guidelines to include the important steps to prevent the spread of covid infection, and any medical situations in the event of a positive outbreak or any other emergencies.
1) All prepared itineraries should take into consideration of the prevention of the spread of infection by avoiding crowded tourist attractions and all businesses will adhere to strict measures to prevent the spread of Coronavirus infections. All Tohoku Travel Service Inc. and Yokohama Travel Inc. acknowledged the importance of contact tracing and Japanese guidelines on all tour itineraries.
2) All tours will be escorted from start to finish by a Tohoku Travel Service Inc. guide/escort throughout the entire tour. While in Japan a Yokohama Travel Inc. guide/escort will escort the tour throughout Japan.
a) Tohoku Travel Service Inc. guide/escort must apply for a business Visa.
3) Travelers from “Blue List” countries will be allowed to enter Japan within 14 days.
a) All travelers must be registered in the ERFS (Immigrant Health Confirmation System) Tohoku Travel Service Inc. with the partnership with Yokohama Travel Inc. as an authorized travel agency to register all participating tour members on all organized group tours by Tohoku Travel Service Inc./Yokohama Travel Inc.
4) After registrations with ERFS Tohoku Travel staff will assist with fill out the Japanese entrance visa.
a) Tohoku Travel Service Inc. will submit all tour group visa and paperwork to the Japanese consulate in Honolulu, Hawaii.
b) Tohoku Travel Service Inc will provide tour itineraries needed for Japanese Visa.
c) Tohoku Travel Service Inc. will arrange all group airfare and will provide airline manifest to be attached with Visa application.
d) Tohoku Travel Service Inc./Yokohama Travel Inc. will provide ERFS (Immigrant Health Confirmation System) letter.
e) Tohoku Travel Service Inc./Yokohama Travel Inc. will provide Letter of Authorization.
f) Customer(s) responsibility is to ensure Visa application data is corrected, signed, dated, and returned to Tohoku Travel Service Inc. as soon as possible for processing.
g) Customer(s) will Provide a passport photo for Japanese Visa.
h) Customer(s) will Provide a copy of Hawaii State ID to verify state residency.
5) Reservation Conditions: All customers must acknowledge and provide consent at time of reservation adhering to the following guidelines set by the Japanese’s government.
a) All customers will practice proper hygiene measures by wearing masks, washing hands, and using hand sanitizer when hand washing isn’t readily available. Maintain proper social distancing, avoiding enclosed spaces with poor ventilations and crowed areas.
b) Customer(s) are required to pre-register on Visit Japan Web:
c) Customer(s) are required to visit Fast Track Service to download MYSOS App onto your smart phone. (It’s like the Safe Travel Hawaii)
d) Customer(s) are required to purchase adequate private medical insurance that will cover all services and medical expenses due to all Coronavirus related infections.
6) Tohoku Travel Service Inc. and Yokohama Travel Inc. will provide knowledgeable tour guides/escorts of infection prevention procedures and all other appropriate Coronavirus issues to ensure that stringent infection control practices are adhere to and the proper precautions are taken.
7) All Hotel accommodations and eating establishments used during all Tohoku Travel Services Inc./Yokohama Travel Inc. tours will meet or exceed all required safety measures and standards on all tours.
8) Tohoku Travel Service Inc. and Yokohama Travel Inc. guide/escort will require all customer(s) to conduct two daily health checks every while on tour. Guides/escort will annotate body temperature and any Coronavirus like symptoms for each customer(s). This is in accordance with the infection prevention polices set by the Japanese Government. At any time during the tour if there is any doubt that a customer(s) may have a body temperature out of parameters or show any Coronavirus symptoms it’s the responsibility of Tohoku Travel Service Inc./Yokohama Travel Inc. guide/escort to take the appropriate action to identify the customer(s) to include all customer(s) that were in close contact in the event of a positive infection and follow proper protocol set by the Japanese Government.
9) Tohoku Travel Service Inc./Yokohama Travel Inc. will keep a record of customer(s) movements during the entire tour. This will include customer(s) hotel room number, airline seat, bus seat, and dining seating arrangements. Any positive Coronavirus infections will be reported along with customers movements detail while on tour is in accordance set by the Japanese Government.
10) After the tour: Tohoku Travel Service Inc./Yokohama Travel Inc. would appreciate that any customer(s) on all tours to report any new positive coronavirus infections within 7 days of returning to Hawaii.
Travel Etiquette Tips for visiting Japan